I hope everyone is having a great Mother's Day, below I share some of my mother's advice and popular things she has said to me over the years. Please be advised that some of these things are hilarious lol and some of them are really meant to boost my confidence. Either way, I'm so thankful for my mom. God outdid himself with this woman.
1. Don't worry about what other people are doing.
2. Make sure you anoint your house.
3. Ok so you have to pay your bill next Tuesday, it's only Thursday, Tuesday ain't here yet. Calm down.
4. Well just wait and see what happens before you jump the gun.
5. You and your brother know how to get yourselves into some stuff, I tell you.
6. Don't let no one run over you.
7. You've come too far to turn around now.
8. I didn't raise you to be a quitter.
9. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, I'm not going to have a pity party for you.
10. You and your brother are not about to worry me.
11. It's ok if someone else wins, you can't win all the time.
12. As long as I have, you're gonna always have, so don't worry about money.
13. As long as I owe you, you will never be broke.
14. I love you, I thank God for blessing me with a daughter like you.
I'm an East Carolina University alumna. I have experience in journalism, law, radio broadcasting, television production and teaching. My goal is to make a difference in the world through media and motivational speaking.